Self-Catering Cleaning Protocols for Covid-19
As we all got ready to open the Premier Cottages luxury cottage collection for guests once more, we worked tirelessly to develop the industry leading standard guidelines for hygiene and cleaning in holiday homes. Premier Cottages was instrumental in developing the national protocols for self-catering in collaboration with PASC (Professional Association of Self-Caterers) and the ASSC (Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers) to ensure that the health and safety of holiday cottages are beyond reproach and that our guests’ wellbeing is paramount.
These guidelines enabled cottage owners to ensure that rules and freedoms are well balanced and delivered to industry best practice.
All our 200+ members, with nearly one thousand properties across the UK, have implemented these cleaning protocols (as have PASC and ASSC members). We think this provides our owners and guests with confidence that luxury holiday cottages in the Premier Cottages collection are well-prepared to welcome guests safely.
The COVID-19 Cleaning Protocols include:
- - Specialist hospitality advice on how to undertake risk assessments and a template for doing so
- - Step by step cleaning guidance, including a cleaning checklist
- - Information on how to safely handle guest check-in and liaison
- - Information on how to deal with any COVID-19 symptoms for owners and guests
- - Information on Coronavirus and products used to destroy it
- - Methods for cleaning different hard surfaces as well as bed linen and towels
- - Recommended PPE and protective clothing
- - Information on safe waste and disposal.
Last updated: 27/11/2020