Many weeks of lockdown has seemed like a year. At times they have been stressful, isolating, restrictive – all kinds of difficult. We know you deserve a holiday, and we want to make sure that our collection of luxury holiday cottages are ready to welcome you for that much needed break.
Self-Catering Cleaning Protocols for Covid-19
As we look forward to the days ahead, we have been working tirelessly to develop the industry leading standard guidelines for hygiene and cleaning in holiday homes. Premier Cottages has been instumental in developing the national protocols for self-catering in collaboration with PASC (Professional Association of Self-Caterers) and the ASSC (Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers) to ensure that the health and safety of holiday cottages are beyond reproach and that our guests’ wellbeing is paramount.
As lockdown restrictions are gradually eased, these guidelines will enable cottage owners to ensure that rules and freedoms are well balanced.
All our 200+ members, with nearly one thousand properties across the UK, have received these cleaning protocols (as have PASC and ASSC members). We think this provides our owners and guests with confidence that luxury holiday cottages in the Premier Cottages collection are safe and prepared for reopening.
The COVID-19 Cleaning Protocols include:
- - Specialist hospitality advice on how to undertake risk assessments and a template for doing so
- - Step by step cleaning guidance, including a cleaning checklist
- - Information on how to safely handle guest check-in and liaison
- - Information on how to deal with any COVID-19 symptoms for owners and guests
- - Information on Coronavirus and products used to destroy it
- - Methods for cleaning different hard surfaces as well as bed linen and towels
- - Recommended PPE and protective clothing
- - Information on safe waste and disposal.
Last updated: 26/06/2020